Saturday, May 8, 2010

A trip to NCH

Thursday I was having severe, what felt like, cramping off and on all day. At first I was just hoping it would stop. but by 8:00 pm I called my doctor's "emerency overnight" phone number and they urged me to go to the nearest ER.....immediately. I panicked at first.....naturally.

So I waited 20 minutes for my husband to get home and we headed over. They took me back within 20 minutes (shortest ER wait we've ever had, and we've had plenty!!!) They stuck me with an IV, drew blood, did an ultrasound, and then a pelvic exam. The ultrasound showed that our little beetlebug is just fine. Her growth is right on track at 14 weeks and her heartbeat was 156. Bloodwork and pelvic exam were all fine. So what is the problem??

Conclusion: I must have some pulled muscles or ligaments in my side. I have another OB appointment this week so I'm hoping she'll be able to help out some more. I still have occasional pains in my side, mostly when I stand up from sitting down, but nothing like on Thursday. But best news of all, Beetlebug is fine. And right now, that' s all that matters!

On a side note:
I decided to look up all the sexual offenders within 5 miles of our new house. I am not too thrilled with the results. Who knew there were so many. I just have one comment about this: I have a gun, and I'm not afraid to use it. Let that be an official warning!

I urge all you other moms to look up this information, too, if you haven't already. It's free. It gives you their address and a picture of them so you know what they look like. I've never had to worry about this before......living out here in the woods kind of separates us from civilization. And to be honest, after this, moving to town doesn't look to appealing.

1 comment:

  1. call me asap!!! Please 3525519576 I can help you! You needa midwife girl!! Answays, I have an answer for you!

    ReplyDelete