Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rolie-Polie Beetlebug and the Wonderful World of Disney!

It has officially begun...that time during pregnancy where you start to feel your little rolling around and yet no one else gets to feel it. Time and bonding that only her and I get to share. Sometimes I just sit here and talk to her, trying to get her to wiggle just for mommy. She's found her own special place to the right of my belly button where she does all of her tumbling. I love this "just us" time, but it's also making me very anxious to meet her.

Beetlebug, Colton, Chase, Daddy, and I spent four splendid days at Disney this past weekend. Well, Daddy was there for two. The other two he had to go to a conference. So yes, I braved the crazy world of Disney, just me and my two boys. You know what??? It was great. I have some pretty spectacular kids. Granted, I had some help from family and friends (thanks Brett, Candice, Denise, and John!)on Saturday while at Magic Kingdom. But they had kids of their own they had to look after so I tried not to bother them too much. But much help wasn't needed....the boys were, for the most part, wonderful.

But Tuesday really was just me and the boys. We ventured over to Downtown Disney to waste a few hours while Daddy was in class. You wouldn't believe the crazy looks I got from people....like they've never seen a mom alone with her two kids at Disney, and pregnant again at that!!! I even had the courage to go to a restaurant to have a sit-down meal with my boys at T-Rex (think Rainforest Cafe, but with dinosaurs) and the lady at the table next to me kept looking over impatiently, just waiting for disaster to happen. But you know what? My boys sat there quietly, ate their food, let me eat, and we were out of there before she was even done with her meal. In the meantime, her little toddler decided to throw a fit. Take that "mean mommy!" I was one very proud momma!!! So of course, the boys were treated to some Disney "stuff" for it!!

I have found a new-found respect for single moms. They shouldn't be called single moms.....they should be called Super Moms!!! And that is what I will officially call them from now on!!!! You go girls!!!!

(Disney pics to come soon!)

1 comment: