Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God's Inconceivable Love

I lay next to Colton the other night, running my fingers through his hair (upon his insistance!), and I was overcome. Overcome with love that fills every cell in my body and just taken a back by how it was possible to love something or someone so much that you actually ache, emotionally and physically. If you are a mother, you know what I'm talking about. Where I become as soft as bubbles when he needs loving, or as tough as a mama lion if something threatens him. Where my nerves are physically jittery when they are trying something new (like swimming) and pride that literally beams from my cheeks when they "show off" their "smarticles." And just when you think you can't possibly fit anymore love in there, they look at you and smile at you like you hung the moon. Oh, it's pure bliss.

Well, it took Colton a while to fall asleep that night (and yes, I will run my fingers through his hair for bedtime as long as he wants me to because one day he won't want that anymore!). So as I sat there overcome with joy, I started thinking, "if I can't grasp how much I love these children, then it is inconceivable how much God loves us. Inconceivable. Because he loves us so much more. How do I know?? Because He said so. Actually, Jesus said so (Literally. The red writing in the Bible....Jesus said!!!)

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11

And so I thought to myself, would I be able to sacrifice my own son for the sake of others so that they may benefit??? In all reality......ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Not my baby!!!!! And that alone tells me that He loves us so much more because He DID sacrifice His own son so that we may be saved. That's some serious love. I tried to imagine what it would feel like to give that sacrifice and the thought alone was too painful. But He did it. He did it so that we could ALL be saved.
So that, if we accept Him as our Savior, we can spend eternity with Him. And that's what He wants, to spend eternity with us. With me. With you. Because He loves us with a love that we can not understand. What a gift!

Sorry to get all "preachy" on you, but this was a "deep" moment for me where I realized how loved I am by our almighty God. And how being a mom has giving me a small understanding to how much I'm loved.....how much we are all loved. And I felt compelled to share. It's the least I could do. Seeing as He made the ultimate sacrifice with His son for us, I could at least tell others about it. Maybe somebody needs to hear it. Maybe they needed it to be told from a mother's perspective so that they can better understand......I don't know. But I do know love. And I know this love because I am blessed to be the mommy of three. And that God loves us all so much more. That alone is reason enough to serve Him more. Therefore, I will serve!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment