Thursday, July 15, 2010

WANTED: HELP DESIGNING MY LAUNDRY ROOM

HELP ME DESIGN MY LAUNDRY ROOM!!!!!!
WHICH LAUNDRY ROOM DO YOU LIKE BEST:
LAUNDRY ROOM #1:

LAUNDRY ROOM #2:


LAUNDRY ROOM #3:

OR
LAUNDRY ROOM #4:


So we are in a mad rush to get our new home ready for us to move in before our Baby Beetlebug gets here. I've pretty much got an idea for every room.....except the laundry room. I'm stuck. And if you ask me, the laundry room is important. It should look and feel like a room that MOMMY wants to be in. Otherwise, why would I do laundry?!?!?! And, let's face it, with a growing family of 5 (and who knows how many more we'll add to that) laundry is gonna be an everyday thing!!!! So, I'm coming to my friends, family, and followers for help. What do you think I should do???
Here's a little bit of info. that might help in OUR decision-making for the laundry room. It's a small room with one small window for natural light. It is the room you walk into from the garage and is connected to the kitchen. It has a sink and the washer and dryer will be side-by-side under countertop. Cabinetry will be white. As far as what I like: the whole house is fairly light and airy so I'm going with it. Lots of light colors. Lots of natural light. I also like a lot of storage for organization. And I'm all about "pretty" containers to put stuff in and hide stuff. I picked a few pics from the internet of laundry rooms that I like and wouldn't mind mimicking up above. (that's how my design works.....I copy!!!!)
So any type of help would be tremendous. Give ideas, suggest places to get things, definitely help with paint color selection (biggest problem I'm having), or just tell me which laundry room from the above pics you like best. I think this will be a big help. And when I decide and get the room done, I'll post some before and after pics for ya!!! Thanks in advance for your help!!! Gotta get this done before baby gets here!!(and for the record, that's in 3 MONTHS!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I personally like #2 but based on what you described that you like its seems you should go with a combo of #1 and #4 and then maybe some of the cute containers from #3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 3 and 4 because I love the "farm / country" feel it has! As you probably figured I'm no interior designer but I know what I like! Any of these designs will be really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete